Tuesday 14 February 2012

Spiderman - Weight shift

For this exercise, I used the spiderman rig to show shifting of body weight from one leg to the other.

1st key pose - At the start, spiderman is resting on his right leg as shown below.


2nd key pose - This is the neutral pose between the shifting of weight.


3rd key pose - Lastly, spiderman has fully shifted his weight onto his left leg.


Final video:


Reflection:

This was quite a challenge as we have moved on from posing to actual animation. Our tutor told us that we have to create key poses first and then work on the in-betweens. I am very satisfied with my work as I feel that the transition is smooth. And the shift in weight is obvious and clear. From this exercise, I have learnt to observe movement more clearly. When in doubt, I faced the mirror and perform the action to observe details such as the feet placement.

Reference:
- Myself
- Youtube video

No comments:

Post a Comment