Thursday 16 February 2012

Project - Walking up steps and Jump


From the above reference, I understood that the arms swing back and forth when the character is preparing for the jump. 

Some of my key poses:





For this project, I redid a walk cycle for the front part of the animation as my previous animation didn't include the head. I then made my character go up the steps, which was quite simple. Then, it came to the jump. At first, I was unsure of how to animate the jump, but I visualized a jump in my head and tried to implement it into my animation. I also played around with the rotations of the spine to achieve my final animation. At the end of the jump, when the character lands, I animate the palms to face downwards a little, so as to show that the character is bracing himself for the impact and for more balance.

Final videos:


Front:



Side:



Perspective:





Reflection:


After doing the walk cycle, this project was quite straightforward as it is basically the same, using keyposes to animate the walking up of steps and jumping motion. The only problem I encountered was that my jump looked a little slow. But I made up for it by showing weight when the character lands, by translating the hip down and then up when it regains the upright posture.

Reference:





No comments:

Post a Comment