Tuesday 24 January 2012

Three poses


Pose 1: Girl sitting down and smiling

Reference image:

My model:

This pose was quite manageable. The only problem I had was to figure out how to nicely position the legs and hands so that they will not intersect one another! I also played around with the facial features to make the model look happy.

 Pose 2: Girl posing with her hands on her hips

Reference image:

My model:

This pose was harder than the first, as I had to consider the flow of the body parts, especially the curve of the hips and waist. I had to do trial and error several times to achieve a natural look, with a properly curved back. I also tried to make the eyes smaller to mimic the reference image! A huge problem I encountered was the arms and wrist. Due to the rig provided, it is very hard to achieve a similar look to the reference image as the hands are too large. If I were to position the wrists like those in the reference image, the arms will be stretched too much.


Pose 3: Guy dribbling a ball

Reference image:

My model:

This pose was quite challenging as it did not provide a proper view of the person. However, I did my best to make my model look like the one in the reference image. I think I did a pretty good job with the curve of the back as well as the feet. I shifted the hips down to make the model look like it was slightly squatting. I also added a ball for effect!

Reflections:


After this exercise, I learnt that a good rig requires much thinking and appropriate joints. And due to some constraints of the rig, it is very hard to achieve a total similar look as the reference image. Posing also requires quite a bit of trial and error to get the position right.

No comments:

Post a Comment